There are many things that piss me off about being a lesbian. In fact, I could probably lecture on it. I’d have a PowerPoint full of facts and figures, well presented in Helvetica with the occasional picture of someone hot.
However, I’ll keep it short and sweet. So here are 5 things that really grind my lesbian gears.
- The question: Have you ever slept with a guy? Not only is it none of your business, why does it matter? We’ve all had to experiment to see what we like, and yes, I like vagina thank you very much. (FYI, no I haven’t…)
- Being asked which one of us is the boy in the relationship. I think you’re kinda missing the point here.
- People presuming I must fancy every female ever. I don’t ask straight people if they fancy everyone they pass, so why am I suddenly some sort of raging predator?
- When people jump to conclusions that you’re hitting on them because they’re the same sex. ‘Oh no I’m not gay!’ Fab, I didn’t care if you were, I was only asking what the time was.
- Being stereotyped in two seconds flat. Butch, femme, lipstick, whatever. I’ve already got the gay label, do we really need another?